News & Events
HOW TO DEVELOP AN OVERALL PERSONALITY ?
- January 26, 2018
- Posted by: ckwebsolutionadmin
- Category: English classes in uttam nagar
We live in a highly competitive environment. We live in times when technology is ever changing, An advanced model of mobile phone replaces itself with an upgraded version in a couple of months, a shopping app gets upgraded for better experience in just 15 days. It is hard to survive if you do not upgrade. Same is true with human beings.
If you have big dreams , the first and foremost thing that you have to ensure is that you an overall strong personality. This does not mean that you hit the gym and develop a 6 pack ab. It means that one should have excellent communication skills. When you speak, people should hear you. One should also have the confidence and ability to speak in front of a large audience. Very clearly Communication skills are the most important skill that one should possess in the modern era to be able to have any chance of being successful.
The million dollar question is – Can individuals develop strong communication skills overnight? The bad news is that the answer is NO. But the Good news is that Strong Communication skills can be developed over a period of time. These days Students make a very common mistake of only focusing on their marks and not working on developing a smart personality. If you are looking for a high flying job one needs to display good Communication, Confidence and fluency in English . All these are skills and hence require some time to be developed. But since students do not understand the importance of developing these skills they do not work towards developing them.
Developing the skill of communicating confidently requires time. With hard work, commitment and some right guidance one can actually become an excellent communicator. The following points will help you get started on the way to develop strong Communication skills:
- First acknowledge the fact that having strong communication skills is important. You need to realize the importance of having the ability to come across somebody who is really confident.
- Try to think in English. This is not easy. Students who have developed excellent fluency in English are the ones who also think in English. Take baby step of replacing small and easy Hindi words with English Words. Eg. Namak can be replaced by Salt!
- You have to practice every day. Fix up a target of finding out meaning of Hindi words that you use on a day to day basis and try to understand them. Cramming is not relevant, Understanding them is important.
- Everyday pick up a passage from any English Newspaper or an English book and read it loudly. Underline the words that you are not able to pronounce properly and try to find out the correct pronunciation.
- After some time when you are slightly more comfortable, start reading out something on a topic own your own in front of friends and people that you know. Ask for feedback and correct your mistakes.
- Most importantly start Early- as early as when you are in school. Utilise your summer vacations. Join some professional English Speaking and Communication skill summer camps. Remember you learn faster when your mind is at young age.
- For working Professionals and college going students it is important that they seek professional guidance from experts. Join a professional institute. While joining check the profile of Faculty member and teaching methodology thoroughly. Do not compromise on Fees. Don’t look at this as an expense but look at this as an Investment.